martes

DIAGNOSTIC TEST

1. Write first conditional sentences using the prompts.
a. They/offer me the job/take it
IF THEY OFFER ME THE JOB, I WILL TAKE IT
b. We/ no leave now/ be late
IF WE DON´T LEAVE NOW, WE WILL BE LATE

2. Complete de sentences using the present simple, passive form of the verbs in brackets.
a. Glass MADE from sand
b. John DON´T INVITE to parties very often
c. The stop IS CLOSED for lunch every day

3. Complete the sentences with “a”, “an”, “the” or leave the space blank if necessary.
a. I had A sandwich and A banana for lunch but THE sandwich was awful
b. Listen to THE music helps me relax
c. Simon is looking for A job in publishing
4. Complete the sentences with prepositions from the box. You may need to use some of the prepositions more than once.
a. I´d like to get a dog but it depends FOR the size of our new flat
b. It´s amazing how much we spend ON dog food each week
c. Marcus often listens WITH the news on Capital Radio in the morning
5. Rewrite these sentences in the Past Simple Passive
a. The police arrested more than fifty people
More THAN FIFTY PEOPLE WERE ARRESTED BY THE POLICE
b. They opened the store at exactly 9am
The store WAS OPENED AT EXACTLY 9AM
6. Put on verb in brackets in the Past Simple and one verb in the Past Perfect Simple in each sentence
a. When I ARRIVED at the airport, I realized I HAD MISSED my plane
b. As soon as I CLOSED the door, I remembered I HAD LEFT my keys inside.
7. Make second conditional sentences by putting the verbs into the correct form
a. If I HAD some money, I WOULD BUY this CD
b. My job WOULD BE much easier if I WAS SPOKE Spanish
8. Complete each sentence with the correct word. There are five extra words
a. Why do you always ARGUE with your brother? Can´t you agree about anything?
b. I am taking the children swimming this afternoon as a REWARD for being good
c. Can I BORROW your car for the afternoon? I will bring it back around 6pm
d. I think the government should increase the TAXES on cigarettes.

No hay comentarios: